Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer :: Beginnings

The calendar may say Spring...
but certain things just
scream Summer.
You know...
that smell of fresh-cut grass...
waking to birds chirping their morning song...
sunshine and temps in the 80's!
But nothing says Summer to me like...
Ice-cold Corona with lime...
(mom lookin' cool in her sexy specs)
while eating outdoors at Tony Packo's.
Stopping for an ice-cream sundae at Lil' Shack. Mocha Shake the choice this visit. Hot dogs done right... on the grill! Or cruising around town...stopping at the local A&W with "skate to your window" delivery service. I'm saving room for that root beer float.
Let's not forget the ever popular
Ondrus Summer Outing...
The Car Show.
Cars in every imaginable color
line the street.
In this case...Main Street...
Sylvania, Ohio.
Closing the road for hot-rods and dream cars...
with the smell of elephant ears on the breeze.
With all the many choices...
James' "wish it were mine" choice...
the Gremlin.
(man was I feeling old!)
Fresh out of Driver's Ed Joey
found his first set of "dream-on" wheels.
My man was coveting this green pick-up...
I must say...
he has good taste!
We could call her "The Green Hornet"
OR...
Party on Wheels!
For the Fast and Furious side of his personality...
I liked this 70's Nova...
High School all over again!
Me?
As you may know...I have simple tastes.
I could definitely see my arse
on this light blue leather interior...
Sitting beside me?
Well, my sister Sue of course!
(or Tina...or Mary...so as not to offend)
Thelma and Louising it up!
Oh, yeah...baby.
Maybe picking-up a cute hitch-hiker
along the way.
This is what's known as a double take
in the world of blogging.
Continuing the fantasy...
Who was that cute cowboy the girls picked-up?
None other than
Brad Pitt.
Okay...I'll control myself and move on with the show.
These next few photos
speak for themselves...
I know all about that one
when Rudy starts polishing his bike...
silly grinning it every time
he takes-off on it...
eyes glazing over as he leafs through
the pages of a parts catalogue!
More Summer fun!
Live music.
I didn't catch their name BUT
they were about 12 years old
singing songs like
Twist and Shout...
I kid you not!
When the band wasn't playing...
Shores and Steele took over.
We're talking country!
What else would you expect at a car show?
My attempt at an artsy photo.
The family through a cut-out hood...
too cool.
Even with a whole lotta SPF I burned...
oh, that summer feeling...
time to head home.
But wait...
Who do we bump into as we are leaving?
Josh and the girls!
Not a big surprise...it is a car show after all...
and they are Ondrus' after all.
Turnin' it around for another look.
Welcome Home Summer.
We've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment