Thursday, May 5, 2011

Holes :: Part 1

A Wounded Zafu.
I got an e-mail from Harmony in Life
saying that one of their yoga instructors burned
a hole in her zafu with incense, during meditation...
Could I take a look and hopefully mend it?
Sure...
No problem.
I will stop in this week...I texted back.
Time flew at warp speed.
About 1 month later I show-up at the shop,
delivering merchandise...
said yoga instructor runs over with her
injured zafu
(that I completely forgot about...bad me!)
and introduces herself.
She was stroking her zafu and telling me how much
she liked it because it was so
utterly feminine.
Now if that wasn't bad enough...
I took it home.
Again, time flew at hyper speed.
Another month goes by...
She calls...asking if she could pick it up because
she needed it for a chant she was attending.
I apologised for the long delay
AND
thanked her for her patience. To which she said, "Don't apologize...
my mistake isn't your emergency."
Somehow, I felt even worse.
Truth is, I hadn't even fixed it...
Regardless of the days schedule, she became priority one!
I always work good under pressure.
No exception here...
I crafted a patch from the scraps
(another reason I NEVER throw things away!)
It miraculously lined-up...damn near perfect.
I impressed myself!
I'm not going to say it was worth the wait...
quite the opposite...
since she had to wait so long...and she was so nice about it...
I was relieved that it turned out as well as it did...
maintaining the "utterly feminine" quality she so liked.
The question you should be asking...
Who is this wonderfully patient and understanding woman?
Tammy Warren.
Have you ever met someone and immediately liked them?
This would be one of those moments for me.
A Kindred Connection.
Listen up!
She offers travelling yoga.
"Bringing the Zen to you!"
Check out her web site...
OR
musewellness.com
Where you will find her class schedule.
I love this one...
Yoga on the beach...starting after Memorial Day.
Who wants to join me? As Tammy said...
there's nothing like the sand between your toes while doing yoga. I'm planning on finding this out for myself. Signing off with three sincere words...
Thank you, Tammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment