Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Treasure Hunt :: Rustic Rose

I found a local treasure today...
Rustic Rose Antiques
A small establishment located in
Downtown Temperance.
A hop, skip, and jump away!
When I walked in with my sister Sue and the boys,
we were greeted by the owner who just
happens to be from England.
There's just something about that proper British accent
that made me want to whisper inconspicuously to the kids,
"Don't touch anything!"
Shame on me for thinking that,
because
after being introduced to his co-owner and wife,
and grandson...
I realized nothing could be further from the truth.
We were made to feel right at home.
Truly nice people.
I'll stop being so chatty and let you
take a look around.
This little cupboard really caught my attention. Displays...making the most out of their small space. Collectibles at every turn...
Little lovelies...
A wide assortment of vintage linens...
tablecloths, pillowcases, dish towels
and aprons.
A sweet baby print...
even though I am a breastfeeding advocate.
I always appreciate handiwork...
as a crafter, I know the hours that went into
creating these needlepoint portraits.
The Rustic Rose
offers a large selection of artwork.
A personal favorite.
I am still debating this one...
it would really add Old World charm to my family room mantle.
Another contender...
a simple charcoal drawing.
Every nook and cranny holds little treasures... at reasonable pricing.
Here's Joe,
perusing their book collections...
quite extensive, indeed.
And James.
With purchases in hand...
(Prince Albert tin and 1960 toy airplanes)
Testing out the antique chairs' durability.
In other words...
waiting for Mom and Auntie to wind things up.
Rustic Rose Antiques
A quaint little shop... Right here in my neck of the woods.
Splendid! When you stop in...
tell them Jenny said hi.

2 comments: