Wednesday, August 3, 2011

All My Bags Are Packed

As the calender turns to August
my thoughts return to
homeschool.
Truthfully, I am still in summer
mode BUT others are dragging me
(kicking and screaming)
down the road of scheduling and planning.
So over-rated!
Today,
I am headed to a used (homeschool)
book sale...
to sell and buy!
Finally!
I have been holding onto
our used supplies for many years now.
You just can't get what they're worth
from a garage sale.
Yesterday,
I bundled and priced all the materials.
Keeping my fingers crossed and
saying a little prayer
that I will leave empty handed.
That would be a substantial profit...
to contribute to our
vacation fund!
Or, I could funnel the money
back into our present
program.
Let me see...
A vacation to Washington, D.C.
OR
more curriculum?
Hmmm...
Said another way...
Hands-on learning...memories...fun times
vs.
book learning?
Hmmm...
Isn't this why they invented libraries?
If you're interested...the book sale will be today, Aug. 3 @
Sommerset Hall on Tremainsville...
from 2-3:30.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the Washington DC trip! And if you leave tomorrow, you can wish the prez a happy 50th birthday. Isn't it great that you still have a prez in office that's older than you? :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete