Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coulda :: Shoulda

Let me set the scene...
downtown Toledo...
with my sisters...
lunch at Packos with a quick stop
at Swan Creek Candle Co.
...where upstairs there is an antique store.
I spot an unfinished quilt...$10...
a Fanta pop bottle carton...$2.50...
dink...dink...dink...
pass.
Filled with regret.
Fast Forward to my birthday...
Sister Sue to the rescue!
As soon as we left the area
I went on and on
about how I should have gotten my finds.
"How cute would that bottle carrier
have been in the summer to tote
my Corona salt and pepper shakers...
napkins...
silverware?"
"And that quilt...
a steal at $10...It could have been utilized
in so many projects...
it was so lovingly constructed by hand...
in such cool vintage summery prints..."
"It would have looked so
great on my table
until I found another use for it..."
"Why didn't I get them?"
"I guess I will have to talk Rudy into
driving downtown another day...
and they will probably be sold by then..."
And they were...
to Susie...
for me!
You can always count on your sisters
to see you through those
coulda...shoulda...woulda times.
Thanks Susie...
For getting the shoulda's for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment