Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beyond Zucchini Bread :: Recipe 2

The Zucchini keeps coming.
I've used it sauteed with onions,
peppers and tomatoes
in a delicious omelet.
Oven Roasted with fresh veggies from the garden...
Today I had a sweet tooth.
I searched on-line for a chocolate zucchini cake.
I found one!
It looked wonderful.
One problem...
there was no flour in my house.
So, run to the store...right?
Only if you have exhausted every option available.
I did have a brownie mix.
That's just like flour...again, right?
I adapted the recipe I found on-line and created...

Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Trust me...an easy recipe that will have
you going back for seconds and thirds...
and because there's
zucchini in them...
you convince yourself they are good for you!
Here's what I did:
2 Cups Grated (actually, food processed) Zucchini
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Toss in a bowl with a few scoops
of the dry brownie mix.
Combine By Hand:
1 Boxed Brownie Mix
1/2 Cup Olive (Extra Virgin) Oil
3 Eggs
1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals (said to enhance chocolate flavor...optional)
Fold All Together Using A Spatula
Divide evenly into 2-8" round pans
sprayed lightly with Pam.
OR
1-10" round pan.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes
or until done
(springs back when touched in center)
Dust with confectioners sugar while still warm.
I created a winner here.
Moist...Chocolate-y...Delicious.
You're Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment