Friday, September 9, 2011

Quick, Easy, And Delicious

Cheesy Chicken and Salsa
A Skillet Dinner
in an e-mail...from Kraft Foods.
I tweaked the meal to use my
bountiful garden harvest.
Singing praises!
I prepped all the food before getting started.
All in little bowls.
It was like I was on the Food Network...
except I did all the work!
Ingredients:
*2 Cups Rotini Pasta (penne)
1 Chicken Breast cut into bite-sized pieces
*1 Onion chopped
*2 Ears of Corn removed kernels with knife (frozen)
1-2 Green Pepper cut in strips and halved
*1 Can Black Beans drained
*1 1/2 Cups Salsa (I used Pace) (taco bell)
*Fresh Tomatoes
1 Cup Mexi Cheese Blend (made with 2% milk)
First get the water ready for the Pasta.
Spray a large skillet with Pam.
Heat pan.
Add chicken and onions.
Saute for 2 minutes and add everything else
Except: Beans, Fresh Tomato, and Cheese
Bring all to a boil.
Reduce heat to med-low.
Cover and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
Add Pasta to boiling water.
In the last 2 minutes add Black Beans and Tomato.
Continue to simmer.
Add drained Rotini Pasta.
Toss together.
Remove from heat.
Top with Cheese.
Cover.
Serve it up to your hungry family. From skillet to plate to stomachs
in less than a half hour!
The Bonus:
This meal is under 500 calories.
*all asterisks show additions or changes I made
to the original recipe...
their suggestions in ( )...
:)
Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I used slightly less than 1 pound of chicken breast. This recipe serves up 4 generous portions. In fact, I had leftovers for my lunch today!

    ReplyDelete