Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ready Or Not

Labor Day marks the end of summer
in so many ways.
Here in Michigan the weather
instantly changed from balmy to Autumnal.
That easy breezy schedule free life...
a thing of the past.
Most importantly...
homeschool is in session.
I would like to report that I have
everything planned and organized.
Unfortunately, that is not the case.
Yes, I have our first week
figured out...
but beyond that...
not so much.
It will happen...my sister Sue reassures...
it always does!
I will sit with that one for a while and pray...
a lot!
As for being organized...
well, check this out!
New shelving...
books where they belong...
filed alphabetically...
ORGANIZED.
For those of you who know me
you are looking at that picture and thinking...
is that really Jenny's house?
To which I will respond...
absolutely not.
Gotcha!
I have tried organized and it just doesn't
fit with my family.
Font sizeDon't get me wrong...
periodically I like to try and buck their system
but, somehow we always fall back
on what works best...
the clutter technique.
Learning is rather organic for us...in that it must
be readily available...
be it while watching TV (gasp!) and one
wants to fiddle on the guitar...
practice drawing...
play a game.
Therefore...books are everywhere...
as are games and musical instruments!
What can I say...
learning is messy.
Ready or not it is upon us...
I will rest in my sisters words and feel
comforted.
And I will continue to pray.
Not just for our little family, but for all
families who have begun
this yearly trek.
My prayer...
That this year will be one of growing, learning and
loving the process.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment