Saturday, February 11, 2012

WFK :: recipe review

A Whole Food Kitchen Review
Apple Cranberry (or Blueberry) Crumble
a recipe from
Heather Bruggeman
(check-out her blog beauty that moves
listed at right)


A two-part assembly process
made much faster
with helping hands.
While I was combining the crumble portion...


The boys were pealing apples
and mixing the
filling ingredients.


Then the fun part...
putting it all together in
a pretty Longaberger pie dish.


Pop in the oven and enjoy the
apple cinnamon fragrance
that fills your home.

Once it has cooled...
eat dessert.

Now for my review:
My newbie status with a Whole Foods Kitchen
has my taste buds scrambling to keep up.
I was expecting a second-cousin to
apple crisp though
suspicious since the crumble did not
call for BUTTER.
Initially a bit bland...Heather did note that
the recipe is great for breakfast or
you could "call it" a dessert.

The Save...
my sister Sue thought to serve it with
a vanilla yogurt.
I did have organic plain...mixed with a
touch of vanilla
and a drizzle of honey.

Spoon over the top...
delicious!

I made this recipe twice
this week!

Like I said...
helpers made the process
fly by...and isn't it much more fun
to work/bump into/coach/laugh
 with others while in the kitchen?

We got snow last night!
I think we will play outside...
and come in for some hot cocoa
and a dish of
Apple Blueberry Crumble.

Enjoy your weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing tarts everywhere these days! Looks yummy! I think almost everything would benefit from vanilla yogurt but maybe I just have an unhealthy obsession (I don't even like most dairy foods).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the funny part. I KNEW there was something I was forgetting when I made this. I forgot to put the vanilla in my yogurt. Yeah, I know I'm the one who suggested it. Well, it sounds like breakfast to me.

    ReplyDelete