Monday, February 27, 2012

hipster


My nephew, Sam
 finished a school
assignment early and was
given permission to
draw.

He went about drawing this picture
of me!

Then, he completed his
artwork with a
poem.


You are my...
cup of tea,
Mocha of joy,
My razzle frazzle coffee,
Starbuck's special,
cozy cabin,
granday (grande), funday,
small town coffee,
tea time house
and young hipster.
So will that keep
you awake?

-Samuel Joseph Kulczak
age 8-


At the moment on my frig
which features
other crayon drawings
that I love.


But this one is
extra special...

Frame-able...
inspiring a kitchen remodel...
in shades of mocha...pink...yellow.

With words that reach off
the paper and
tug at my heart.

So...
I'm a young hipster...





Not a way I would describe
myself...
but if this is how Sam sees
me
who am I to
argue?

p.s. I love you too, Sam!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are. Come on, you know you are. I agree with Sam, you are a young hipster. So, again, how old are you? lol

    ReplyDelete