Wednesday, June 13, 2012

or can i?

Vegans
especially of the new
variety
will look in 
pastry windows or at the dessert menu
and automatically
assume...

then along came...


to the rescue.

I really don't feel like
it has been a huge
sacrifice since
my taste buds seem to have changed
and my cravings are under control...
 if I want something sweet
cold sweet corn...
soy dreams butter pecan
ice cream...
a glass of wine...
do the trick.

Then my sister, Tina
let me borrow this book
and with berry season upon us
I had to try

Raspberry Scones


Since I know you can google
the recipe...
I hope I'm not breaking any
infringement laws...
after all I am promoting
Erin McKenna's cookbook...
seriously now...
go check it out!

Here's this simple ingredient recipe
Pioneer Woman Style
(or at least my clumsy attempt :)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

 Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl whisk together...

2 Cups Whole Spelt Flour

1 Tablespoon Baking Powder


 1/2 Teaspoon Salt

Then...
Add 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
(plus more for brushing)




1/3 Cup Agave Nectar
(plus more for brushing)




1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Stir together until a thick
 slightly dry batter is formed.
Pour 1/4 Cup Hot Water and mix.


   
                 

Using a rubber spatula...
gently fold in
1 Cup Fresh Raspberries
until they are marbled
 throughout the batter.

For each scone,
 scoop 1/3 Cup of batter onto
 prepared baking sheet.
Lightly brush tops with
Coconut Oil.
Bake on center rack for 14 minutes...
rotate the sheet 180 degrees at half-time.

The finished scone will be golden
and slightly firm.
Remove from oven
and brush with
Agave Nectar
Cool on sheet for 15...
transfer to a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container
at room temp.


 

Finally...
try one.

It will blow your mind.

Perfect with your morning tea... or
vanilla soy caffe latte.

Thank you, Babycakes!

I can...I can...
I can eat that scone!


No comments:

Post a Comment