Thursday, April 25, 2013

asked & answered


I spent time with my girls today.
We watched a little Arthur
an episode of Dora
while
grazing
on peanut butter and jelly
apple slices
raisins
and chocolate milk.
Then Kierstin looked down at
her tights
and pointed out a teeny tiny hole...
"Grandma...you can fix this...
can't you?"
Somehow I have become her
go-to-fix-it-gal.
Ever since I noticed a tear in her shirt 
and I remedied it... 
the day she discovered  that magical space
known as my
craft room.

A small room filled with
strange
wonderful and
mysterious
things to explore.
After getting her input on color choices
 I cut and crafted
while she camped-out beneath me...
 an old quilt serving as tent
a found pillow
blanket
flashlight
and little thing-a-ma-jigs that
were gathered like
 treasures.
She invited sissy in to join her
while I mended
and remembered little boys at my feet...
just so.

The patches in those days
were your basic sew-on
the occasional iron-on 
rather boring
variety.

Well...
Grandma Jenny can do much
better than that.

A pink daisy
for my
wildflower.

When she put them on and
inspected my work
she said,
"You did it! 
You fixed it!"

A proud moment
indeed.

When she started modeling
my handiwork...
well,
come-on...
I had to share it with
all of you.

File this one under:
Brag Book Blogging.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment