Tuesday, April 23, 2013

they still gotta eat

So I know you're wondering
what happens to all my vegan goodness
during project mode?
I really wish I could
tell you that the boys step-up.
Not.
Unfortunately
or fortunately...
I have them doing yard demo
and clean-up while I'm working
indoors during this glorious
mid-sixties
weather.

Leftovers made new
are my stand by.
I am so happy I froze so much
soup this winter.

Soba noodle
toss is a
fast option.

Because...
If I completely abandon the food
and left them to their own devices
we would be
steaking-it-up
over here...
I'm not fooling myself.

Old habits.

Well on this day...
the sun was shining
(key for me)
and the temps neared 80.
Pizza on the grill.
Except late rains brought the party
indoors and I created
a pizza pie.

Here is my pizza crust recipe.
The hour to rise allows ample time to
finish up a project for the night.
Super Easy Homemade Pizza Crust
and
Super- Delicious

COMBINE:
1 Cup warm water (warm like baby's bath)
1T sugar
1 packet dry yeast
IN A FOOD PROCESSOR 
and let sit until foamy
about 10 minutes.


SET OVEN
to its lowest setting
NOW.
(Mine is 170)

ADD:
3 T Olive Oil
3 Cups flour
1-1/2 t salt

PROCESS
until dough comes together
and forms a ball on top of
the blade
(about 1 minute)
Turn dough onto floured surface
that is sprinkled with
Italian Herb Seasoning.

KNEAD
(roll it and press down and roll some more)
until dough 
is smooth and elastic
adding flour to the surface as needed
to prevent sticking.
About 5 minutes.
Don't sweat this step.

Lightly oil a large bowl.
Add dough and roll it around to coat
with the oil.
Cover with plastic wrap and a towel.

TURN OVEN OFF.
Let the whole thing sit in the
warmed oven
for 1 hour.

This will be waiting for you.
THE FUN PART.

PUNCH it down.
knead in the bowl gently
for about 2 minutes.

ON THIS DAY
I divided the ball in 2.
Froze half for another day.

Pressed the other half in a well
oiled pie plate.
Topped with 1/3-1/2 cup of your favorite marinara
and toppings.
I used leftover sauteed peppers and mushrooms
onions
kalamata olives
and dollops of chimichurri sauce.
Feta if you must.
I must.

Fresh basil.
Really Good Food.

OH YEAH...
I brushed a little olive oil
on the edges and
Baked in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Pizza Pie, anyone?

p.s. when I am making the grilled version
I divide the dough in fourths and
everyone makes and tops
their own with vegan and non-vegan
choices.

1 comment:

  1. Your pizza looks AMAZING! I'm craving homemade pizza now.

    Wishing you a lovely day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete