Saturday, January 18, 2014

come on in

Normally
I'm itching with cabin fever.

Usually
I'm already beach dreaming
lending the fantasy
authenticity
by sitting in front of a warm sunny window
summer music setting the stage
(Sheryl Crow's Soak Up The Sun)
cracking the top off a good bottle of
Coppertone
closing my eyes and
giving way
to it.


Not this year...

Maybe its the abundance of
snow
and all the beautiful
white light 
it creates.

Maybe it's 
a phase I'm going through
that wants
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g
to slow
down...

thereby
welcoming 
a pause within me.


Regardless
I find myself
focusing my camera
ever so carefully
out my window
trying to capture
the delicate path of a
fluffy snowflake
making its descent

*trying*


or turning my lens
on a 
sunset
that fills me with 
wonder.


Making my indoor space
one that reflects
my mood
inviting one to stay
 talk
have a drink
play a game
watch a movie
read a book


snuggle
warm yourself
by the fire

come in from the cold

and by all means
keep the twinkling lights up
for as long as
possible.

Why analyze this?

Why try to explain 
or over-think
the why of
it?

Instead
I will continue to
turn my heart
toward
celebrating winter...
for it comes
but
once a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment