Monday, January 27, 2014

day into night




For those in the 
Midwest
a strange occurrence 
happened
at about 9:30 last night...
when I let the dogs out
temps in the mid-20's
no wind
downright balmy

Stranger yet...
I asked if anyone
wanted to take a walk
to enjoy the weather
before our next bout of
arctic air...


No takers.

Imagine that!

Then...
at about 10:15
my husband said,
I'll go with you if you want to take a walk
!

Fueled
from watching
Alaska: The Last Frontier
we bundled-up
and
headed out.


Don't get me wrong
it was chilly
our noses were drippy
but
what a difference
the stillness makes.


Definitely
taking advantage of
the break
before
the cold blast
 returns


words like
peaceful
romantic
calm
and
fun
come to mind


oh...
and patience
since my guy didn't
complain once
when I stopped to play with
night landscape
mode.

What a guy!


Making the mile loop...
finding our way home
feeling a little like 
Otto and Charlotte Kilcher
as we traversed through
our version
of
Alaska 
right here in 
Michigan.

Thanks AK for letting us
borrow your weather...

I'm Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment