Wednesday, January 8, 2014

true...but

Recipe title:
Sinfully Wholesome Waffles
by none other than Isa
of Post Punk Kitchen

Description:
There's a time and a place for dessert waffles
but let's face it
Tuesday morning is probably
not it.


True...but
when daytime high temperatures
are in the negatives
and everything is cancelled
and
roads are closed
well...


it went something like this.

Sunday night


have a glass of wine
and settle in with
a knitting project.

Unfortunately
the ribbing didn't end up looking
like ribbing.
Something to do with the wine?
Possibly.


I come from the school of thought
where you never
NEVER
pull out

like Michelangelo
I allow the yarn to speak to me
and lead me to
what it wants to be...


a
unique
one-of-a-kind
oops!

Kept playing in the round
all day
Monday


stayed in my 
"lounge pants" aka pajama pants and fuzzy socks
all lazy day long

I take those
stay indoor warnings
very seriously


the boys went out
that night
to see if they could
freeze off some
body parts

not me...
no sirree...
still knitting
napping
watching tv
with the fire at my toes

Then Tuesday morning
came along

and with everyone home
and work cancelled
again
it called for some
special occasion
waffles.

Saying Yes to Tuesday


Normally, I would agree with Isa.
Normally,
I wouldn't even think of
having a mimosa
with those
sinfully delicious waffles


but I did.

AND
I topped them with whipped heaven
trying to be frugal...
chucka-chucka
since its expiration is 
1/16/14

Back to my spot
working on that one-of-a-kind
slouchy hat
for my
one-of-a-kind
Kierstin.


This morning
my man went to work
in a heat wave
of single digits.
My day will be filled with
cleaning
more knitting
no mimosas :(
and a return to the
battlefield...


some call it
Monopoly!

With the railroads, Park Place and Boardwalk
there's no stopping me!

Stay warm, my friends
and
go for the waffles!


No comments:

Post a Comment