Thursday, March 14, 2013

hit or miss

I've discovered a strange anomaly
in my home recently
Mixed Reviews...
where soup is involved.
Me?
I could have it with every meal.
My boys...
not so much.
 So when I joyfully shouted,
Soup's on!
and got
Ugh...not again,
in reply.

My mind's ear heard...
Lotsa leftovers for me...
yippee!


Smoky Tomato & Lentil Soup
With Spinach and Olives
(PPK)
wasn't my favorite either.
I love the kalamata but this was too...
too...
A MISS.

Moving on with our evening
and a very special evening it was.
My baby girl
Kierstin
turned four
with mama's cupcakes and family
singing along to a fast paced
rendition of Happy Birthday
provided by a musical candle.
She was all smiles.
A HIT.

Grandma Jenny's Chocolate Yogurt Bundt Cake (PPK)
was a MISS with Kierstin
(well, come on...who can compete
with mama's cupcakes)
even with strawberries and
chocolate ganache.
A HIT 
with me and James however.

We'll call that one
A TIE.

An attempt at catching family
in the act of
serenading Kierstin...
A MISS.

Kierstin took over
with the new
thinking that a four-year-old 
can do better.


A HIT.
She schooled me.

Almost.
Although the fuzzy factor does make me look
ten years younger so I will
call it
A HIT.

She turned the camera on her
 beautiful self 
for this HIT
entitled
Birthday Bliss.

Quickly followed by
Dang That Flash is Bright!
 MISS.

The camera was trying to
keep up with those fast little
fingers
when it captured
My Striped Pants and Purple Polish.
Oh come on...
that's
 a HIT.

Let's tally it up
for the official count.

Drum roll...

The HITS have it.
I do believe
Kierstin
would agree.

Happy Birthday, Light of My Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment