Monday, March 11, 2013

simple food

I ask you...
Can breakfast get any simpler?

Well...yes.
Of course it can.

Fiber One dumped in a bowl
with some almond or soy milk
poured on top.

Oatmeal zapped for a minute
and topped with walnuts
and dates...
a touch of brown sugar.

Okay smar-T-pants...
But would those pictures be as pretty?

I seriously doubt it!
Go ahead and try...
I double dog dare you!

Here's my recipe for 
Grapefruit Nirvana.
Preheat oven to 350.
While waiting
cut your grapefruit in half
(I know I have a real grapefruit knife
somewhere...but where?)
With a paring knife...ahem...cut around and
 divide each section.
Drizzle with maple syrup.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Go ahead...
right before serving
drizzle a bit more
and eat warm.

In less than five minutes
I was looking at this.

Scraped clean and tipping the bowl
for the juicy remains.

Don't fret.

This story has a 
Part II.

You could share it.
Or not.
Best to decide that after part one
rather than 
before.

Trust me.

Oh, be nice!
Bake in batches because
this is a dish that
can be served
cold.

:)

Happy Monday!

(Enjoyed my morning grapefruit with memories of Dad
who would eat his cold with sugar...
I bet he's enjoying them served warm with maple syrup in heaven :)



1 comment: