Wednesday, May 9, 2012

nature candle


The vivid greens of
Spring.
My name for this abounding
color...
new green.


Bold oranges
that smell
of the juicy goodness
inside.


Soft pastel pinks
that
one imagines
would be the color of
a ginger blossom.

It must be!



Working with natural soy wax
as long as I have...
I know
all colors will be
quieter as the wax hardens.

In a candle...
quieter is
good.

At pour temperature...
I now turn to my
recycling bin.


containers
abound!


Don't they look
adorable
dressed in
Springtime fabric and
a hemp bow?



Final step...
the dust cover.
This is the one I have been using
made from card stock
with a printed design...
nice.

But when one finds one is out
of card stock
one finds a solution.

Back to the recycling bin
where cardboard boxes
are standing at
the ready.







Now we are talking
in my language...

The language of
Old Maid New.

In colors and fragrances
borrowed
from nature...

In containers and packaging
that are
kind to nature.

The recycled tin candle...
the nature candle.


No comments:

Post a Comment