Wednesday, March 23, 2011

As The Family Grows :: Six-Packs

Mission: Six-Packs By August 1st
My son Joshua, (age 24, married to beautiful Sara, two adorable daughters)
decided this was his quest.
At age 24, he'll probably make it happen...darn it!
I mean good for him...ahem.
He's already done the hard part in my opinion...
for 6 weeks he has been following the Abs Diet and has lost
20 pounds!
Again, a mother's opinion (for what it's worth),
20 pounds that he didn't need to lose.
On To Part Two Of The Plan.
Exercise.
Josh enjoys BMX Biking, home repair...
even his job is physical.
BUT
He's never been a fan of the gym.

When I heard he was joining an interval training class

I asked if I could tag along.

We even got James on board!

Joey decided to stay behind and help Dad finish a project.

Between us, I think he was a little afraid because we

heard the instructor can be a bit intense.

Hello Old Friend...I haven't seen you in, well, a way long time.

And we'll leave it at that.

As I was taking the above shot I glanced at the time...

"Oh no, we're running late by 2 minutes...

let's get in there quick because we don't want to get the

instructor angry!"

The Instructor:

Let me introduce you to my oldest son.
Jake "The-Workout" Ondrus
And yes, work-out is his middle name.
Unlike Josh, Jake loves going to the gym...
he calls it his bliss!
We helped him put the finishing touches onto the stations
he had planned for us.

Ten in all.

Kettle bells and push-ups for upper body.

Jump rope and shadow boxing for cardio.

Four Ab stations...ouch!

Intermixed with squats and lower body torture chambers.

A close up of the gang...
a better view of those biceps...
yeah Josh, I'm talking about yours!
The Spartacus Work-out.
Sounds scary, huh?!
Ten stations.
One minute at each.
15 seconds to get to the next.
Two minute break.
Repeat 3xs!
YIKES!
BUT we did it...and we are well on our way to those six-pack abs.
Josh wants me to document his progress.
(Warning to all women...
after viewing these pics you may never be satisfied with another man!)
Advance with caution.
Lookin' Good...
Here is a close-up for future reference.
Like Jake said...he is going to see some fast improvement because
he has been dieting.
Don't worry...
I am not getting in on this action.
No ab shots for me.
I'm not fooling myself.
Four babies, I won't discuss age, and damn...I like food!
But I will share my perceived exertion with you.
Yep...right about...
There!
Seriously, we had a great time together.
If you're ever in the Bedford area please join us for some fun.
Location: The Francis Family YMCA .
Days: Whatever works for the Ondrus schedule
(Usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays)
Time: Around 3:30/ 1:30 on Sundays.
A very proud moment.
Jake told me I was the first woman to take his class!
Love it!
Next time we'll get the whole gang to the gym.
After all...
the family that sweats together stays together!
(I couldn't help myself)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Can I join? Seriously, I want to do this. And yes, 4 children, a year on you Jen, but I want the 6 pack by Josh's Bday too. Think you can make that happen for me Jake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Imagine if I was working out with your boys and running with my boys what great shape I'd be in! (Truthfully, I'd probably be in the hospital!) I'm getting back to my healthy eating plan, too (thus today's post). I don't want a six pack, but I do want to fit into those skinny capris this summer!
    love you!
    rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be in this class too!!! Okay I stopped at 2 kids but got you all beat on the age thing!.. Count me in. Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you all know our class has a limit of 10 and we have 6 participants. Krystal is joining us on Thursday! We'd love to have you too!

    ReplyDelete