Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Living Boldly

Random Thoughts...
I have had a lot on my mind lately. First and foremost my guitar has been calling me. Calling me to play more music. And so I play.
I have found that when it comes to my creative energies they are limited. I enjoy writing songs, but when I am focused on crafting, songwriting moves to the back burner. However, when I was asked to participate in my church's talent show...the guitar took precedence in a big way! Normally I perform for God alone. He loves my songs. He never complains about a sour note or a wrong chord. But, as I always tell my boys... live boldly! Now I had to live up to my own words. I had butterflies for a week! I kept reminding myself... I will not be alone...God is always with me. I truly felt His presence. Now... real life is pulling me back to my priorities. Homeschool beckons...Harmony in Life called, needing me to re-stock... Dinner had to be made! And so I doodle...
Drawing designs for my altered clothing line.
Creating the stencils from those designs...
Sewing more zafus! The shop was completely sold out. My creative energies had to be redirected... again.
The kids are hungry... again. Time for another Home Ec lesson. I am going to call it... "Making a Meal For Others." Homeschool IS Cool! Now get out there and live boldly!

No comments:

Post a Comment