Thursday, March 3, 2011

Useful As Is

I found this beautiful print at,
you guessed it...
Savers.
Upon closer inspection I discovered it was a shower curtain.
The price was right at $1.99 on a half-off day.
I thought the pattern would be perfect for zafus and zabutons.
When I got home I gave it another look.
It was brand new and I had recently washed my shower curtain
and it shrunk!
Seriously, isn't the importance of prewashing/preshrinking your fabric before starting a project something that is taught in sewing 101? You'd think that maybe major companies would have heard about this "trend" by now!
The short story...
I put my new purchase to good use as it was intended.

I really like how it brightens my little space.

Sometimes salvage artists, green crafters, re-purposers

go a bit bonkers.

We recreate and see the potential in everything...

"things" that others might just throw away.

That's a good thing.

Other times we might make unnecessary changes.

I have found that some items are useful as is!

Hmm...imagine that.

While in my bathroom I noticed this...

A wooden drawer that I did salvage from the trash.

It didn't require any changes either.

It's doing quite fine being useful...

As is.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and looks great in your bathroom. It looks just like you. Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete