Sunday, July 3, 2011

Convicted

To be found guilty.
It's not a good feeling.
I consider myself a good hostess.
Friends and family stop over--uninvited--
on a regular basis.
I'm a drop everything and have fun kinda gal.
We have an open door policy.
I don't care if it's one person who needs to talk
OR a whole gang
looking for a good time.
We are on-board.
Today at church...
the message centered on our need for
community...
to help with the burdens we all encounter.
Together we can lighten the load that life brings.
We sang
Lean On Me.
Statistics were shared.
Only 20% of "church-goers" actually
invite others to attend their church.
I hate being a statistic.
Especially one of the 80.
To make it worse...
on my way to church this morning
a friend was at my door
wanting to talk to Rudy.
I told him to be sure and give Rudy
a hard time for not coming with me.
He said, "I can't...because I haven't been in years...
but thumbs up to you."
With a laugh...
I told him good-bye...have a great day.
Never entered my mind to invite him along.
Convicted.
Who knows what kind of burden he has been carrying.
Who knows...maybe he would have felt
a belonging to a new community.
Who knows...
"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

I had a moment of opportunity.

My prayer...

that I will recognize that moment

next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment