Friday, July 29, 2011

Backdoors And Fences

Remember this picture?
Now I want to draw your attention
to the door.
Look closely at the paint chipped corners
and the scratched away finish around the handle.
You may need to double click the image
to appreciate it.
But trust me...it's there.
A door in need of some loving care.
Determined to be productive
I gave the frame a fresh coat of white...
and turned to the door.
Strangest thing happened...
our nice breezy day turned a bit gray
as soon as I started to paint.
It started to sprinkle.
I took the painting indoors
hoping the AC would help to dry things up.
I hung the sheet for obvious reasons...
namely bugs and humidity.
Which climbed considerably after the rain.
But I loved the airy, hippie look it gave the entry.
Went outside for
The Great Unveiling...
This is what's known as the
sfumato affect
in the art world.
It looks mystical...dreamy...otherworldly.
(I've been reading romance novels.)
Reality...high humidity fogged the lens...
don't you hate when that happens?!
Take Two
After it adjusted to the steamy conditions.
Why stop there?
Since I was cleaning up the entryway...
I turned my attention to my little
garden.
Rather uneventful, I know.

But I planted some Cosmos during

my "seeds grow!" period
and they've been fighting this beast to survive...
Zoe's favorite place to lay...
right on my Cosmos.
Going with the theory that
Fences Make Good Neighbors...
I created a solution.

Did I mention that this is also

one of Buddy's stomping grounds.

There's that sfumato affect again...

making you feel as if little elves installed a fence.

Nope.

Just me.

Gathered green branches from a

weed-tree that sprouts up

all over.

Since I don't own a Willow...

it was the next best thing!

A natural little fence

for my natural little garden.

It just makes me happy.

Not a huge difference...

but a very noticeable one when you're the

homeowner!

You know how those little jobs just nag at you?

I always feel so accomplished when

I get them done.

Just sprucing things up

for all my

backdoor guests.

Stop by for a visit soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the red door! Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I needed that. After seeing my own post I was having second thoughts about changing out the blue. Love you.

    ReplyDelete