Monday, July 25, 2011

Water

Have you ever seen those pictures
of pets with their respective look-alike owners?
I've often wondered...
did they inadvertently choose a pet
that had similar characteristics
OR...
did it happen gradually
over time?
A what came first, the chicken or the egg
conundrum.
Regardless, I've seen the phenomena
first-hand.
No, I will not name names...
it's a matter of self preservation!
Disconcerting.

(As I look at Zoe and Buddy)

I've noticed something frightening
about myself
this past week.
I'm starting to resemble my
PLANTS...
I will spare you the picture of myself.
You're welcome.
Suffice it to say...
the heat and humidity
are taking their toll...
and not in a very pretty way.
We're talking wilty around the edges...
kinda droopy...kinda sad.
Let's face it...
just plain ol' ugly.
I gave the plants what I knew they
needed most...
Water.
Refreshing...
life-giving...
water!
Since it worked for them I thought,
what the hey...
it just might work for me, too...
Ah...
Water.
Refreshing...
life-giving
water!
Beautiful.
Seek the Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment