Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Nice

Brown paper packages...
tied up with string.
One of my favorite things.
Nothing compares to the unexpected
surprise of the manila envelope.
Especially in this high-tech world we live in.
I was like a little girl when I
reached in my mailbox and pulled out this...
Addressed to me...
my, oh my...what can it be.
First clue...
the return address.
Teresa Kline.
You may recognize that name.
Way back in January
I declared her the winner of an unannounced
giveaway...
because she left such a nice comment
on one of my postings.
Truth be told...
it was the first comment I had received in
a very long time.
Yeah...
I'm one of those
who squishes the package before opening
and takes a guess at what's inside.
Come on...
moments like these are meant to be savored.
Tissue paper wrapped in twine...
where I come from...
that's the Rolls Royce of gift wrap.
Slowly...
methodically...
pull back the paper to reveal what's inside...
ah...
a small gasp of surprise...
lovely.
Teresa sent me a thank you for my thank you...
in a way she knows best.
With cards and embellishments she created.
beautiful.
Paper crafters are a rare breed.
I have a few of them in my life...
and I know the time and patience required
to make these little masterpieces.
And these were pure loveliness.
Lovely layers of fine paper...embellished with
buttons...ribbons...stitching
and lace.
very nice indeed.
Teresa...
you shouldn't have...
but I'm very glad you did.
A nice thing about this high-tech world we live in
is meeting people from all around the planet. Making friends from far away places...
and keeping in touch with the
touch of a button.
That's how I met Teresa
who resides in Virgina.
She has given me words of encouragement
and simple kindness.
In my book...
that's a friend.
If you want to see more of Teresa Kline's handiwork
you can visit her at
Thank you, Teresa.
And thanks to all of my friends for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. hey girl, so glad you sent me an email, life has been super busy...thank you so much for the appreciation you have shown by giving me a blog post of my own on your blog...so sweet. Thank you and you are very welcome! I am thrilled you like the goodies...have a great rest of the summer!

    hugs *~*

    ReplyDelete